Have you ever noticed from the time you walk into a grocery store, or a store like Wal-Mart, that we are surrounded by bad food. Everything that will fatten us up, make us unhealthy people if we so choose, is standing there staring us down. On the other hand, healthy choices are often high priced, and hard to find. We, as consumers, sadly to say, are almost oblivious to these facts. Why should it cost us more to make healthy choices?
If we as consumers, fall into these unhealthy traps surrounding us, this is how the process works.
- Cheap, unhealthy foods tend to make us gain weight.
- Being over weight, puts strains on our health not only physically but our mental health as well.
- When we are unhealthy we tend to seek out medical doctors and psychologist for our issues.
- These entities are thriving financially because of our poor choices.
- These entities are growing bigger and bigger and gaining more power over us.
- Even the health field is growing because we are searching for ways to improve our physical fitness, thus the increases in the supply for demand.
- Unhealthy people tend to live shorter lives.
- The cycle continues.
It all seems maddening that we have to pay extra to make healthy choices. If you think for one minute that our governments and big corporations really care about us, I personally, don’t think so. I feel like we are just numbers, and expendable. We are a means to fund their strengthening powers over us.
I wish I had an answer to fix all of this, but I do not. I am just one person, one consumer, striving to be healthy in a non-healthy world. The only thing I can think of at this moment, is to offer some advice. Look after yourself, cause nobody else seems to truly want you to be healthy. Start growing your own food, and buy less of the junk out there. Be aware of what’s going on around us. Take responsibility for your choices and your health.
I am blessed to be here and if my work is helping you in anyway all contributions are welcomed! Thank you in advance.
Thank you for your encouragement and support!